AMEO Powerbreather Wave
The Wave Edition is the ultimate PowerBreather package, suitable for everything from swimming pools, to heavy flip turns, to smooth or choppy open water.
New Speedvent Easy!
The new Speedvent Easy was introduced in March of 2017. All Powerbreathers on our site will have this new Easy Vent, for easier breathing. The previous version is now being called the Speedvent Medium. We will also sell a 'Speedvent Power' for those wanting more restriction when training.
The Ameo PowerBreather Wave Edition
The core of each Powerbreather is the same, however with the added accessories, the Wave edition has everything the Sport and Lap have and more. It features the Long Speedvents which are useful for swimming in rougher water, for those who like to sink deep while swimming, as well as snorkeling in rougher water where you head is well below the surface. See Compare Chart.
INNOVATION for swimmers of all levels, triathletes & snorkeling. (Not for diving with a regulator)
- The Powerbreather works with any stroke on facing down, crawl, breast, butterfly, even side stoke.
- Each breath is 100% pure, dry air, there is no CO2 from your exhalation as with a standard snorkel. Breath comes in from the top, and out the bottom.
- No water comes in the top tubes. It is closed off unless you are breathing in. You can hold your breath, go underwater, and no water will enter the tubes.
- Saliva will not build up like a normal snorkel, no gurgling. You simply inhale, exhale normally and any liquid will just flush out without notice.
Modular 2-way ventilation system for constant dry, oxygen-rich air. Different styles for different training goals and settings.
Easy Fit Air Junction
Quick attachment with maximum fit and wearing comfort.
Twist Lock System
Comfortably adjusts to fit head and accommodate most swimming goggles.
D-shaped profile for maximum comfort, optimal airflow (inside), and minimal flow resistance (outside).
1x POWERBREATHER PB01 Adult
2x SPEED VENT L
(For open water, WAVE Edition only)
- Unique to the Wave Edition, the Speedvent L allows you to extend the air tubes on the PowerBreather for when the waves are a little choppy in open water, keeping your breaths dry and oxygen-rich.
- On occasion, as a swimmer takes a breath as they make their flip turn, we had found some water seep into the tubes. The Flip Caps, that slide over the Speedvent, prevent this from occuring. We therefore recommend the flip cap for those doing fast flip turns.
- We also recommend the Flip Cap for choppy water as just a layer of protection to prevent water from seeping in.
- Recommended for triathlons with crowds where rough water and splashing occur.
Swimming with The PowerBreather
- Breathing is steady, as you would normally, enjoying pure oxygen.
- You'll find increased awareness to the environment beneath you as you don't need to focus on your how you breath, it will feel very natural.
- You will also find more awareness to your stroke, your technique, and form.
- Fits any head from about 10 years old and up. Fully adjustable for a snug fit.
- Our Powerbreather USA YouTube Channel for Videos on how to fit, use, & flip turn.
Who's using a PowerBreather
- Jan Frodeno - World and European champion 2015 IRONMAN - trained since the end of 2014 successfully regularly with the AMEO POWER BREATHER
- Thomas Lurz - open water swimmers, twelve-time world champion, Olympic silver medalist in 2012
- Steffen Deibler - competitive swimmer, world record holder 50m butterfly
- Anyone working on their swimming technique, strength, endurance, & respiratory mucsule training.
- Using a Powerbreather is legal in USAT (USA Triathlon) regulations and may be used. However, while many Ironman athletes train with a Powerbreather, no snorkel is allowed in Ironman events.
- Weight (with SPEEDVENT S): 220 grams / 7.8 oz
- Dimensions: 365mm x 198mm x 38mm / 14.5" x 7.75" x 1.5"